Meadow Lakes Golf Course Maintenance Groundskeeper (Finish Season)
Groundskeepers perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance; do semi-skilled grounds construction and maintenance work; operate small hand-powered equipment; and occasionally perform work involving large equipment such as tractors, loaders and gang mowers. This is a part-time, hourly position, seasonal, averaging less than 30 hours per week. Position is not eligible for benefits.
Starting Wage: $10.50 - $12.50 per hour DOE
Open Until Filled
Please see below for full job description
Golf Course Maintenance Crew
Department: Meadow Lakes Golf Course Maintenance
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Head Superintendent & Assistant Superintendent
Date Revised: 2/8/2018
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF CLASSIFICATION:
NATURE OF WORK
Golf course maintenance crew members perform routine manual labor involved in golf course maintenance and participate in aspects of turf manicuring and management including, but not limited to, precision mowing, topdressing, cup cutting, bunker raking, and special projects.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED/REVIEW OF WORK:
Works under the general supervision of the Head Superintendent
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The duties listed are intended only as Illustrative examples of the various types of work that may be performed by individuals in this classification. Any of the following duties may be performed. These examples are not necessarily performed by all incumbents and do not include all specific essential functions and responsibilities the incumbent may be expected to perform.
- Operates reel mowers on greens, aprons, fairways and tees.
- Operates rotary and/or gang mowers to mow the rough
- Operates gas powered weed eaters around trees, fence lines, banks, bunker edges, and cart path edges.
- Rakes and maintains sand bunkers.
- Sets tee markers
- Cuts cups on greens and replaces flagsticks.
- Maintains ball washers.
- Rakes and removes debris from course and maintains flowerbeds.
- Applies sand and seed to divots on tees and in fairways and drop areas.
- Maintains fuel and fluid levels for all types of equipment on a daily basis; reports equipment problems or failures to the mechanic immediately.
- Cleans and returns all equipment to the designated location at the maintenance facility; and cleans the maintenance areas.
- Cleans restrooms on the golf course.
- Helps in project work, including: assisting in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways; grading and preparing soil base; laying sod; and seeding tees, greens and fairways.
- Installs, forms and lays walks and paths using gravel and asphalt mixes.
- Excavates and backfills ditches and trenches with hand tools.
- Assists with the repair and replacement of pipe on the irrigation system.
- Follows proper safety protocol at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School graduate or GED recipient. Prior experience on a golf course is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in grounds and landscape area construction/maintenance work.
- Proficient skill with operation of hand tools, power tools and equipment.
- Ability to operate trucks and light motorized equipment.
- Good communication skills; able to understand and comply with oral and written directions.
- Physical strength, stamina and agility to perform duties
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Must be able to pass a criminal record and background investigation.
The individual shall not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the individual or others in the workplace.
This is a non-supervisory position. Lead work/coordination of the work of others is not a typical function assigned to this position. Incumbents in this position may provide training and orientation to newly assigned personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/TOOLS & EQUIPMENT USED/WORK ENVIROMNENT & WORKING CONDITIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF JOB/POSITION:
The physical demands described here (including lifting, mobility, movement, manual dexterity) are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the performance of the job duties, the employee will be regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk, talk, or hear, sit climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Manual dexterity and coordination are required to perform the work. This is used while operating equipment such as computer keyboards; calculator; telephones, cash register, kitchen equipment and utensils.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
In the performance of job duties, the employee will use a cup cutter; saw; weed eater; mower; bunker rake; tractor; and other golf course maintenance related tools and equipment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment and working conditions described here are representative of those that are typical of the job and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the performance of the job duties, the employee will work primarily outdoors and may be subject to extreme weather conditions (heat or cold).
This description covers the most significant essential and auxiliary duties performed but does not include other occasional work which may be similar, related to, or logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.